Reverse engineering also named reverse technology, which is a product design technology reproduction process. It means to reverse research and analysis to a target product, then deduce and get the product's process flow, organization structure, functional characteristics and technical specifications. Through all these process, we can make a similar product. Reverse engineering origins from hardware analysis in commercial and military fields. It aims to derive the design analysis of a finished product directly when necessary production information cannot be obtained easily.
Reverse engineering can also protect intellectual property. For example, in the field of integrated circuits, if you suspect that a company infringes on intellectual property, you can use reverse engineering to find evidence. The products offered by Nano Metrology have the reverse engineering function which can be used in following fields:
● Interface design. Because of interoperability, reverse engineering is used to identify collaboration protocols between systems.
● Military or commercial fields. To get the latest research or product prototypes through reverse engineering.
● To improve document. When the original documents have the insufficient place, reverse engineering is used to obtain the required data, in order to supplement or understand the latest status of the system.
● Software upgrade or update. For the need of change for functions, compliance, safety requirement, reverse engineering is used to understand existing or legacy software systems, to evaluate the work that required to update or transplant system.
● Make no license/unauthorized copy.
● Product analysis. Reverse engineering is used to investigate the way the product works, the components, the estimation, and potential infringements.
Reverse engineering is widely used to the new product development and product modification design, imitation, quality analysis testing and other areas, its role is to
1. Reduce the cycle of the product design, development, speed up the upgrading of products;
2. Reduce the cost and risk of enterprise to develop new products;
3. Speed up the modelling of products and series design;
4. Suitable for single piece and small batch parts manufacturing, mold manufacturing.
Please inform us if any questions or advice